Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snowed in

So much for spring! Actually, I've kind of enjoyed it. The kids have gone outside several times (for about 5-10 minutes each, the wimps). I imagine if they head out today, they'll stay out longer because it's not blowing and it's not as cold as yesterday. I've really been trying to get some things done around the house - the laundry is totally caught up. Or at least it was until the boys went out and got wet 3 times! But, to me, a snow day just cries out for one to be lazy. I have enjoyed cooking. I was going to make cookies and decided we didn't really need them. So, I'm going to make ham loaf. When I did a freezer inventory the other day, I realized I had a lot of leftover ham. The ham is thawing and I brought the grinder attachments to the KitchenAid mixer up from the pantry and have washed them all. I'm going to try the asian sauce I made the other night with shrimp with beef tonight. Unfortunately, Gage has drunk all of the orange juice. But, I have some clementines, which will work nicely - so sweet!

And, now - brace yourselves. I have set the boys up with a movie and I'm going to make a card! I know, hard to believe, it's been so long. I'm excited and a little nervous, actually - it's been so long, I'm afraid now that I actually have time, I won't be able to think of anything to do! So, wish me luck and come back soon to see what I did.

No comments: