Saturday, July 4, 2009

The boss' bday and late father's day

My boss likes coffee and she's always cold, so I made her a coffee themed fleece tie blanket. This is the card I made to go with it. I used a rose colored paper I've had forever - it may or may not be Bazzill. The flowers are paper studio and just silk flowers with a dew drop in the center. The stamps are flourishes, which I had to redo 4 times because I had a five year old trying to "help" me. The dp is from Me and My Big Ideas.






My ex-husband's grandma recently moved into a nursing home. He got a lot of her recipes. So, my daughter came up with the idea of making him a recipe box. He has this print hanging in his dining room. So, I suggested printing a bunch of french pictures and doing a collage with this as the focal point. I think it turned out pretty well.
The card is made with the same print and is very simple. I just used a nestability and some dots. The smaller black frame is handcut, because nestabilities still hasn't granted my wish and made the in between sizes that I need for this shape! C'mon guys - get to it. I promise to be first in line to buy them!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Absolutely love this, love the bright colors!

Jaspere said...

All of these are great in their own way. Love those coffee cups, wish I had a set IRL and love those bright colors.

Angie Williams said...

Awesome projects! Love the colors of the coffee card especially!

specialcraftmom4 said...

I LOVE your coffee card!!! I have been wanting to create a recipe box and your is really cool!

Kristin said...

cute! i bet she loved your gift :-)

Tina said...

Your coffee card is awsome and your recipe box is soo cute!