This is my Gorilla's Night In set. I made it for an 80's/90's movie party for a couple of girls with whom I went to high school. My boys just about went nuts because they wanted that movie candy so badly! I am definitely going to have to make a family movie night set for us soon!
The soda set starts with a strawberry crush 6 pack. In hindsight, I should have picked one of those 4 packs - jones or stewarts. The six pack was harder to cover because the 12x12 doesn't wrap even halfway around the sides and I had to do some patching. This should be fine, as it will be on a table surrounded by some other goodies, but it was frustrating for me, nevertheless. I covered it with this cute paper from we are memory keepers (got it at hobby lobby). I thought the little circles on it looked like the pop tops. The stamps are from high hopes. I stamped and colored the background and sponged the sky. The gorilla is cut into 3 layers. The feet, the body, popped up with dimensionals and the head popped up just a little more with some pop dot things I got at hobby lobby, which are a bit thicker.
I got the popcorn boxes at the target dollar spot. I covered them with more we are memory keepers dp. I made a wrap for the microwave popcorn and a rose red belly band. I used marker to stamp just the gorillas head and then punched it with a circle punch and matted it on a turquoise (I got this paper at hobby lobby to match the dp) scallop circle punch.
I covered the boxes with - you guessed it- we are memory makers dp. I stamped and
matted the sentiments on a combination of rose red, turquoise and orangey yellow from hobby lobby and gable green. The gorillas are again done in 3 layers.
This is the invitation. I used gable green, chocolate chip, rose red (which for some reason looks darker on my computer) and we are memory keepers dp. I used the nesties for the circles and scallops. The leaf is traced from a sticker that came in my su summer days kit. I ran the leaf through the cuttlebug in the swiss dots folder. Then I accented the dots with a copic marker and outlined it with gable green. I balanced the leaf with the little gems on the opposite side of the scallop. This was such a fun set to do and since I picked a theme, it was really easy because I just used all the same papers and stamps over and over.