Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Monday


I made this card Friday night. I was looking at this little pup and thought he looked awfully concerned with what was going on in his nether regions. Then I thought that the little starbursts almost looked like "youch spots". So, I drew the little dots that were supposed to be fleas. I didn't know if anyone else would get it, so I stamped the bug from A Bug's Life and put him "under" the magnifying glass (I added a little crystal laquer). I love these dps from Polar Bear Press. The green paper is from Bazzill, the dog is stamped on real red and the card base is bayou blue. I got the ribbon at hobby lobby.
Now - you all know that I am a Markie's Mom Stalker. Well, I loved the trio of cards she did for the 3 in one challenge on Friday. So, I cased the layout of one of them. I'm not sure I like this. I think maybe I should have gone with plain wild wasabi intead of a second print. But, here it is anyway. The card base is really close to pumpkin pie, but is bazzill, the other layers are cool carribean, wild wasabi print and basic grey mellow, dp. The ostrich is a new stamp from Gina K in the Jump for Joy set.

1 comment:

loretta said...

Love the ostrige, the lay-out and colors, the layers, wow! What a great card!

Loretta
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com-- offering candy!