Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Froggie Prayer Journal

I was keeping a prayer journal online. It's a little different from what I've been told most people's prayer journals are like. From what I understand, most prayer journals are a place to keep track of what you prayed for, what you need to remember to pray for and when the prayers are answered, how they are answered. I'm not very good at praying - unless I'm just someplace totally quiet (which I never am), I get distracted. So, I started keeping a prayer journal online - not published for anyone to see, just me, typing my prayers out to God. That might seem impersonal to some, but it works for me. Well, I went onto my prayer journal site one day last week and it's gone. I looked at a few other sites online that were supposed to be similar and didn't really care for them. So, I thought maybe I should just write them out in a prayer journal. So, I bought this cute little book at Alco for a $1 and here's what I did with it.
I just got this adorable image from cornish heritage farms. I pulled out my poor, neglected prismacolor pencils and went to work! I SO need new stumps - that's ok, anything that requires a trip to Hobby Lobby is OK with me! But, I filed and filed the little boogers that I had and got this image done anyway. I tried stamping the image in black. I didn't like the way it looked, so I tried brown and rejected that, too. I finally chose always artichoke to stamp it and colored in the mouth, the eyes, the ties, the buttons and the lady bug head and spots with black marker. I sponged the sky with bashful blue using a scallopped oval as a mask for a cloud effect. Then I inked the edges with bashful blue at the top and creamy caramel at the bottom. I inked the buckaroo blue oval with buckaroo blue ink. The background paper is basic grey.
Oh - just to pass the word along. There is a great giveaway at http://starvingartistamps.blogspot.com/. They are giving away the fabulous tropical set that I used on the summer fun movie set plus two sets of tropical sentiments!

1 comment:

SeaStar Creations said...

wonderful idea! and the frogs are too cute :)