Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nakey nakey


My 13 year old son called me at work yesterday and told me that I got a package. I told him to open it and tell me what it was. He said "There's a stamp set of naked babies fishing in here - why'd you get that?". But, even he admitted that this card was cute!

I wanted to try out my new stamps, so I paired this crafty secrets fishing buds image with CC173: Purely wild celery. I used wild wasabi for the base then matted basic grey dp (which matched perfectly) with purely pomegranite. I made the ovals and circles with my nesties. I also embossed the certainly celery oval with my swiss dots embossing folder. The image was done in brown ranger distress ink. I colored it with copics and added bling with sakura glitter pens on the fish scales, water and kewpie wings. I inked the edges with creamy caramel and inked the other ovals and circles with inks that coordinated with the cardstock. The green ribbon is from offray (walmart) and the pomegranite ribbon is from SU.

2 comments:

Diane (fionna51) said...

Absolutely wonderful coloring! I love the color combo altogether.

SeaStar Creations said...

your story about your son opening up the stamp box is hilarious :) i just love when those boxes show up on my front porch .. its a heavenly feeling, don't ya think? Your card IS adorable -- great coloring!