Friday, July 11, 2008

miss me??

I used up my last vacation day for this year yesterday (my year starts over on July 26th, so I had to use it or lose it). I went to yet another dr. apt. Dermatologist this time - he had good news for me, the bump on my nose was harmless and has no been cauterized. It's a little red, but in a week you won't even be able to tell I had anything there at all. He also praised me for the minimal amount of sun damage I have. It doesn't hurt that I'm not much of an outside girl, but I do take care to where sun block because my dad and grandpa both at skin cancer. You would think that since I was on vacation I would have gotten more than one card done - right? Well, my dd was helping me and it took much longer than usual! LOL! But, we had fun. I made this for a co-worker who recently became a grandparent again. I started out with brocade blue for the base, added a layer of real red and cut a scallop mat from the textured limey green. I punched the corners of the kids mat stack dp with a ticket punch and added glitter brads to bring out the glittery parts in the paper. I tied a green ribbon around and attached a saftey pin charm that I've had FOREVER - doing a little better this week using my stash. I stamped the monkey twice on GP cardstock and the baby monkey as well. I colored them with copics, put the baby with the mama, cut out the hands and attached them in the right place, cut out the head and popped it up and drew the arms. I matted it on real red and brocade blue. I inked the layers with old olive, brocade blue and real red.
Like today's title? Well, if you did miss me, get ready to experience it again. I will be going in for a hysterectomy Aug. 5th and won't have internet access until I return to work. I'm hoping for a week, but since it will be done abdominally, my doc told me to count on two weeks.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

This is an adorable card! I'm glad the bump is not anything to worry about. I will be thinking about you as you as you prepare and undergo surgery!

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a cute stamp!!! I LOVE monkey stamps (: Great card!

Anonymous said...

Awe! Love the baby monkey!