Wednesday, July 30, 2008



I have been trying to get my house in order before my hysterectomy on August 5th. Last night I was SO tired that I decided to sit down and finish this game set I'd had in the works for a while. I had a heck of a time finding the classic games I was looking for - I found the dominoes at target, the jacks, which are plastic and not the metal old style ones I wanted, I got at hobby lobby and I found the marbles in a dollar bin. I never did find the pick up sticks I wanted to add to the mix. Oh well. I got the lunch box and round tin at Michaels. The dp is shabby princess and all images are doodle factory colored with copics. I made the letters with my cricut.

Speaking of cricut - they have a Disney Cars cartridge coming out! I can't wait. My ds LOVES cars. It's officially on my wish list.
So, since I'm preparing for my surgery and I have a swap that I have to get out BEFORE then, I will probably not be posting again for quite some time. I'm hoping to be back to work and posting again in 2 weeks. But, I'm having an abdominal total hysterectomy and everyone is telling me that I'm delusional. Anyway, I'm pretty stubborn, so we'll see what happens! Wish me luck!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! Very, very cute. Prayers that your surgery goes well and that you have a quick recovery.

Sabrina said...

Two weeks, gosh you're optimistic. But nothing wrong with stubborn so long as you DO take it easy while you need to.
Here's hoping it goes smoothly for you and you make a good recovery quickly.
Do they still make metal jacks - that brings me right back to my school-days 30 years ago when they were THE craze, but any time I've seen them recently here they've only been plastic.

Cris A said...

What a cool idea!!
Good luck with your surgery, I just had one on May 19th, the best advice I can give is to TAKE IT EASY!! And don't get dressed, they'll think you feel better! Just kidding, do rest alot though.