Thursday, July 3, 2008

Last post before a 3 day weekend!


These little turles are so cute - love them. I usually pick my paper first, then pick cardstock that matches and then color my image to go with them. Well, guess I was a little over excited about the turtles, because I just colored them (the innertube was originally red with blue dots). So, I picked a color combo - so saffron, certainly celery and cool carribean. When I held the turtles up to the so saffron, I didn't like the way it looked, so I changed to summer sun. Very fun summery combo - I like it! Then I saw this scrap of dp laying on my desk and it matched perfectly! I used this week's card sketch and cuttlebugged the certainly celery and cool carribean. I inked the summer sun with apricot appeal, the certainly celery with old olive and the cool carribean with blue bayou. I liked the way it turned out, but I think I'll not try doing a card backwards again - it was just luck that this one came together.
I did this card for the craft secrets challenge and Mothermark's teapot challenge (you can find it on her "glob"). I think that making a card inspired by one of her teapots sounds like SUCH a fun idea. So, I've been meaning to get to it this week. Well, I knew today was going to be SO SLOW at work and that not many people would be here. So, I stamped the image, grabbed some paper that looks sorta like the teapot and some copics and headed out the door. I wish I had some creamy caramel to ink the edges of the image so it matched the paper a little better. This started out as an A2 card with the star on the opposite side and a bunch of empty space along side it. I didn't like it. I even got as far as taking a picture of it and then it hit me - I should make it a mini card! It looks much better this way, but when Cindy says challenge I guess she means it - at least in my case!


5 comments:

Dori Shelton said...

So bright and summery. Adorable cards..love them!

Lorie said...

Oh, those are super cute cards! Love the summer feel from them!

Cris A said...

Those are the cutest images!

Maureen said...

both cards are great! love the colors and the images and your layouts...
maureen

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the turtles what stamp set is that from???