Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blog Bling



OK - I have to admit, when Dragona Skoro (isn't that a cool name?) from htpp://happyinker.blogspot.com left me a comment and told me that she'd left me blog bling on her blog, I had no idea what it even was. But, I'm so excited to get it! So, here's the rules: 1) the winner can put the logo on their blog, 2)link to the person you received the award from, 3) nominate 7 other blogs, 4) put the links to those blogs on your blog, and 5) leave a message on the blog you have nominated. So, here are my nominees"

Well, you know I HAVE to nominate Faith at http://stampinwithmarkiesmom.blogspot.com/blogspot.com/ She is my idol. I love her style. I don't think she's ever done anything that I haven't liked. In addition to her wonderful stamping and tutorials, she always has cute stories about her family and jokes from her sweet son, Markie.

I began visiting Heather Rolin's blog, http://www.hlr976.blogspot.com/ when I started seeing her fabulous stamps on SCS. I finally broke down and ordered some not long ago. In fact, both of today's cards are from Heather's store!

Another blog I try to get a daily dose of is Michelle's at http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/ I just love her art. That's right it's art with stamping on top!

A list of my favorite blogs would be incomplete without mentioning Kim's at http://paperintheworks.blogspot.com/ I look at cards a that stand out and try to figure out what elements make it stand out. I find myself doing this a lot with Kim's work.

Next is the Teapot Tuesday queen, Cindy at http://mothermark.blogspot.com/ In addition to this neat challenge every Tuesday, she has magnificent work on her blog. And, she starts each entry with "This is my story". Who doesn't love a good story??

I recently discovered Becky's blog, http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/ She has all these awesome projects on it! It is a must see!

If you love bright, happy cards, check out Mimi's http://stampinwithmimi.blogspot.com/ Her cards are so vibrant and fun

OK, so on to these 2 cards featuring stamps from Heather Rolin's H&M stamps. I really like the way this one came out. I found this river rock colored dp, so I pulled out my old color combo sheet from last years in colors and found this combo. The card base is mellow moss with a layer of blue bayou topped with the river rock dp. The dot river rock dp is matted with blue bayou and purely pomegranite. I colored the two bears with copics, one with markers a shade darker than the other (he's the boy, don't ya know!). The circle is done with blue bayou and not quite navy ink. The hills, which you can't see mostly, because the bears are so cute and chuby are torn from mellow moss. The circle is matted with purely pomegranite. The moon is inked in barely banana and edged with marigold morning. I sponged on some cloud cover using blue bayou. I used the two su oval punches for the sentiment and then mounted them on dimensionals over some silver hardware. The ribbon is su purely pomegranite. The inside of the card says "And, have a happy anniversary". This is for my mom and dad, who will be celebrating their 41st wedding anniversary this Friday.

I am lucky enough to have had the same best friend since second grade. And, let me assure you that I must have had great taste even back then, because she is just an awesome friend! This card is for her daughter's birthday. I colored the dolphin from H&M's sea life set and the cupcake from MFT's dino-mite set with copics. I added a little glitter to the cupcake, just for fun. The base of the card is made with certainly celery and matted with basic black and basic grey two scoops. The oval is also basic grey 2 scoops, matted with basic black and more 2 scoops. All the ovals were cut with my nesties. I stamped the sentiment on 2 scoops, put it inside some silver hardware and matted it with basic black cut with my nesties. The ribbon is from walmart. I colored a light green prima with a copic to get the color I wanted, added white polka dots to the pink prima and topped them with a teal prima and a pink dew drop. I added white and black dots ala Markie's mom to finish the card off.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the bears and dolphin! beautiful coloring!

Heather said...

You have done an absolutely fabulous job of showcasing these stamps! Love them both, but the dolphin card is too scrummy!!!

Lorraine said...

love the color combo, and the night sky behind the bears! This is adorable. thanks so much for sharing!

Amber said...

These cards are fantastic! Love the designs so much!

Michelle said...

Just found you blog. I too find Markie's Mom, great inspiration.
Keep up the good work

Mothermark said...

Your H & M cards are so good! I love them. What a wonderful job you did.....

Thank you so much for the blog bling! Its so nice of you to give me this little blog honor! How thoughtful!

Your blog is looking good.....very nicely done!