Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rubber Cafe Creations!






















These are the cards I've made for the Rubber Cafe design team. This first one was so much fun to color. The image is "Mermaid Scene" and can be found at rubbercafe.com. I used copics to color it. I used a little embossing on the edge of the circle and glitter pen and white pen to accent the waves. The DP is basic grey and the card stock is chocolate chip and baha breeze (my first time using that color and it matched the dp perfectly).






















I love this Siamese cat face. I used it to show all of the different kinds of Siamese kitties you could make with it. The image is Cat Face 2 from Rubber Cafe. I colored it with copics and sponged the background with bashful blue. I made the zigzag circle to mirror the zigzags in the dp with decorative scissors. The ovals and the circle were done with my nesties. The white one was embossed with my cuttlebug in the swiss dots folder, inked with bashful blue, then layered with ballet blue and barely banana. The dp is basic grey, layered with barely banana on a ballet blue base. The ribbon is a sheer yellow that I found at walmart.























Although we have seal point siamese now, when I was in grade school, my sister had a lilac point siamese mix follow her home. We kept him for about a year until one day he went out for his daily constitutional and never came home. So, this kitty is close to my heart. I made this for the DT challenge. It was bedding - browns and burgandy stripes and florals. When I saw it, I didn't know what I was going to do. I knew I didn't have anything like that at home. Well, I dug through my paper file and found this Cherry Arte DP that I bought ages ago. It was perfect for the challenge. The card is on a close to cocoa base. I used several punches for the sentiment and the corners. The cat face is colored with copics and inked with creamy caramel. The face is matted on close to cocoa and cranberry crisp.
























Flame point siamese are not my favorites, but I think this card turned out kind of fun and funky. I stamped the cat face in timber brown and colored it with copics. It's not quite as orangey IRL - it's more creamy colored. I went over the eyes with a black marker and then colored them blue. The cat face is matted with chocolate chip and wild wasabi. I punched the corners with the ticket punch and added little gems. The dp is from DCWV pet stack. It is matted with chocolate chip and is on a bazzill coral base. The ribbon with slider and charm are meant to look similar to a cat color with a tag.

2 comments:

CraftyC said...

Just come across your blog while blog hopping. You have some lovely cards on show!
Clairex

Unknown said...

Wow, those are gorgeous cards!