Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A grown up card

A co-worker got flowers and this ribbon was attached to the vase. She was nice enough to offer it to me after the flowers had died. It was sitting on my desk when I got my new cats pajamas birthday sets, so I thought "what the heck". Well, when I pulled the paper out that matched it was looking rather neon, so I added the chocolate chip to tone it down a little. I like the results. The image and the sentiment are from TCP smells like cake.

I started with that yoyo yellow - never used this color before, btw - as my card base. I used a large piece of chocolate chip and added a strip of dcwv kids' glitter cardstock. I colored my image with sakura glaze, souffle' and glitter pens and copics. The image was stamped with chocolate chip ink. I used my nesties to make the circles, ovals and scallops and my su designer label punch to layer with the sentiment I punched it twice so it would fit around the bigger oval, tricky, huh?). I inked the edges of everything with the coordinating inks and embossed the chocolate oval with my cuttlebug swiss dots folder. Oh - and I tied that ribbon on up in the corner.

I didn't mention yesterday, but we spent Sunday evening in the ER with Kai. He woke up Sunday with a fever of 103. At the time, he said nothing hurt or bothered him, but he just layed around all morning. I gave him some tylenol and got his temp down to around 100. My mom (who was in town) and I went to the store and the boys decided to stay home. When we got back, Kai came and snuggled with me, he was hot again so I gave him more tylenol and held him on my lap the rest of the afternoon. It was like holding a little oven. He was so hot. Later, I asked him again what hurt and he said his belly. So, I asked where and he kind of gestured around his lower belly. So, I pressed on it a little on his right side and he just about jumped out of his skin. So, of course, I'm thinking appendicitis. Well, he jumped a little when I touched his left side, too. But, with the fever being so high, I decided to take him to the er. We were there for 5 1/2 hours. They gave him iv fluids, did an xray, a ct scan and blood and urine tests. They ruled out appendix, hernia (he's had it since birth with no issues yet) and a ut infection, so they thought it must be a virus. Well, he's back at school today with no fever and it must have been a virus, because I'm starting to feel sick. My throat is kind of sore and I'm just getting achey and tired feeling. So, if I'm not around for a while, I'm probably at home sick. But, if you know me, you know I'm here at work until I can't take it anymore.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Nice card. I hope you get to feeling better soon.