This is my diorama card for the try a new technique challenge. I knew immediately that I wanted to use the castle for this one. Then I remembered seeing my friend Christie and her kid at walmart the other day. Jace's sister Taylor asked if I thought he looked cute in pink. He did - Jace loves pink, and his dad thinks pink is for girls. So, that's why I decided to show them a REAL man that wears pink!
So, let me take you through the steps of making this card. First I made it Tuesday night, screwed it up and trashed the whole thing except for the images. Then I started again last night. Last night I changed the back panel from certainly celery to white gp carstock. I colored the grass with copics then used pretty in pink craft for the flowers and embossed them (I know they're kind of hard to see in the picture). I used a scallop punch and sponged a blue sky with fluffy white clouds. Next I adhered my castle so that it was situated in the window. The white cardstock and the lovely lilac is cut 8.5x 5 and the pretty in pink is cut 6.5x5. The white and lilac are scored two inches in from the edges and the pretty in pink is scored one inch in from the edges. While changing from my cutting blade to my scoring blade, I cut myself pretty good on the thumb. So, I took a little break to look for a bandaid. Well, I have kids, so the bandaids were all gone. So, I took a longer than anticipated break and held toilet paper on the cut until it finally quit bleeding. Next I cut the circle window out of the lilac and pink cardstock using my nestabilities and cuttlebug. For those of you who don't know - when you're cranking the handle and it has some tension in it, if you let go, the handle spins backwards. I found this out when it slipped and hit the knuckle of my index finger! OUCH! Then I used my cuttlebug and the swirl embossing folder to emboss the pink panel. I attached the dragon and then attached the pink panel to the white panel (the right way this time). Finally, I attached the knight, the mushrooms and the clouds to the lilac panel and attached it to the rest of the card. I really hope you all enjoyed this diorama project because it is the last one I will ever do!!!