Friday, May 23, 2008

Gearing up


That's right - I'm gearing up for a 3 day weekend!!! Woo hoo! Tonight I'm taking Gage to his dad's for the weekend (he'll come back Sunday) and Kai's not coming home until Sunday either, which means I have ALL DAY Saturday as "no mommy time". Is it horrible that I'm so excited about that? LOL! Who needs a vacation when you can have "no mommy time" at home?? I threw in a load of laundry before I left so that I won't have to worry about anything on Saturday, I can just have fun!

I made this card for my friend, Christi's dd, who is graduating from 8th grade. Her school colors are maroon and gold (YUK), so I decided to just make a card I thought she would like. She likes brown and pink together, so I thought this cosmo cricket dp would be perfect - and it's so cute with the owl from CHF I give a hoot, don't you think? The base of the card is made with ruby red, topped with a mat of choc. chip. All of the other papers are from the cosmo cricket pack. I colored Mr. Owl with copics and gave him (ok, maybe little miss owl) stardust brown eyeliner. I used my ticket punch on all the corners and made dots with my white signa and brown su marker ala Markie's mom. I'm not sure what brand the brown and white ribbon is. I think it turned out to be a pretty cute card and I think Taylor will really like it.

6 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

enjoy your alone time, i envy you! and the card, OMG, perfect

Jennifer Murai said...

I love your stamping style. TFS

Lorie said...

Wow! What a fantastic card! It is not bad to be excited about alone time...as a matter of fact I'd be more worried if you weren't excited! Have a super great time!

Valerie said...

this card is so ADORABLE!!!

btw thanks for the comment on my blog :0) I love to meet new people!

My Paper World said...

What a cute card!

Michele Cronsell said...

This card is amazing. I love all of the colors/layers.