Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yawn, stretch


Ugh - I didn't sleep well last night! Kai didn't go to sleep until almost 10:00! He must have had a nap at daycare. I sit on the stairs and read until he goes to sleep. So, all of the lovely cards I was going to make last night will just have to stay in my head until later. I did want to make something for the TCPTUES09 challenge. So, I went into my craft room with the intention of making a simple card using the cat's pajamas stamps with the challenge colors: orange, yellow and white. Well, I looked at my small collections of CP stamps - having a pow wow, it's a western thing and mod, mod world. I thought that indians would go best with the earthy oranges and yellows. So, I started by stamping sprinkle, poochie and their teepees. Then I began working on the background. I colored poochie a river, and gave them a campgroun area. I wanted to add some rocky cliffs and then I decided to add a foreest across the river as well. All said, after sponging in the sky, I finished my "simple" card at around 11:40. Well, it takes me a while to unwind after working on my crafts, so I went into the living room and watched tv for a while. Then I went up to my room and read for a while - I'm reading Duma Key, by Stephen King right now, BTW and it's awesome! Finally at around 1:00, when I still wasn't feeling sleepy, I decided to take a hot bath. Well, that did it. So, I finally got to sleep, but I was tired this morning! Kai and I both slept until my alarm went off - which hardley ever happens.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow! I was trying to see if that was a photo in the background! You did such a wonderful job, and it goes so well with those stamps!

Brandi Parshley said...

Great job! I love the background!

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a great card!!! It looks like art for a wall (: Great job!

The Crafty Chik said...

Too cute! OMG! You're an enabler!! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

This is an incredibly awesome card! I love the scene and colors. Sometimes the inspiration catches you late at night!
Hope you recovered!
Fellow SCSer