Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yeah! Good grades from another kid!

I posted my congratulatory/proud of you card I made for my son last week. This one is for my dd, who also did well in school this semester.

I used wild wasabi for the card base, then summer sun and pumpkin pie, with the paisley cuttlebug embossing folder (my first time using that one). I cut the scallopped circles with my nesties and inked them. I added dots to all ala Markie's mom. I hope that she's flattered by my use of the dots rather than offended - now that I've started doing it, it seems that a card doesn't look "done" without them!

I didn't really forget to post my menus last week, I just didn't do well sticking to the plan the week Kai was gone. I knew I wouldn't. I have a mental block when it comes to cooking for just 2 people. Don't ask why - I used to do it all the time when I was first married, before kids. Also, our hot water heater went out over the weekend and it's finally getting fixed today, so we can now wash all the dishes that are piling up in the kitchen. I have bribed Gage with the promise of getting his gameboy back for a day (he's grounded from it), so the kitchen should be nice and clean when I get home. Anyway, here's my menu starting this evening:

Wed. Enchilada Pie - kind of like a mexican lasagne. Thurs. Veal Schnitzel, fried potatoes with onion and crockpot corn. Fri. Burgers, baked beans, applesauce salad and chips. Sat. Eat out. Sun. Abbey's Lemon Cream Chicken, Pull-apart bread, broccoli. Mon. Crockpot BBQ Cola Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Strawberries. Tues. Kids' eat free - eat out. Wed. Italian Crescent Casserole. Thurs. Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, broccoli. Fri. Broccoli Cheese Soup.

2 comments:

scrappinkay said...

I found you, I found you!!!

Lovin all your awesome cards, sounds like things are busy for you as usual. Hope all is well with you and your family.

I must have some of your recipes. The Mexican Lasagna, the BBQ Cola thing and how do you cook your Pork Tenderloin

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a cute card and great Blog (: